Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Who would've thought you could make your favorite dessert into a smoothie. This recipe is great! Lots of protein in this! Just a note, I have altered the recipe since the last review, so it is slightly different, and very tasty ;) (If your wondering how to measure overripe frozen banana, freeze the banana in pieces... your blender will thank you and the pieces are easy to measure!)
- 2 tablespoons fat free cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup overripe frozen bananas (Heaping 1/4 cup) or 1⁄4 cup frozen blueberries (Heaping 1/4 cup)
- 3 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 3 tablespoons nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground flax seeds
- additional diced fat free cream cheese (optional)
- Blend all ingredients except the diced cream cheese.
- Pour smoothie into drinking cup, and add the diced cream cheese as garnish (if you dont mind your drink chunky).
I came home from work today ravishing and needed something quick and tasty to keep me satisfied til dinner. I loved the healthiness of this smoothie, but didn't care for the cream cheese chunks. I did use fat-free cream cheese to cut down the fat/calories a bit more. Not a huge amount to this smoothie, but just enough to tide me over. Fall PAC '08.