Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 2 mins
The original recipe came from The Joy of Cheesecake, however I've made some minor adjustments. This is so good!
- 2 cups crushed graham crackers (one envelope)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 2 lbs cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup Amaretto
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup sour cream
- Pour melted butter over graham crackers and walnuts.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Line bottom and sides of 9" springform pan with crust mixture. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat over to 450 degrees.
- In large bowl mix cream cheese and sugar until light and smooth.
- Beat in eggs. Amaretta, and corn starch until well blended.
- Fold in sour cream until well mixed.
- Pour into prepared crust.
- Bake 12 minutes at 450 degrees.
- Reduce heat to 300 degrees and back for additional 55 minutes.
- Allow cake to cool in the oven, with the door open.
- Chill and serve with Cherry Sauce or canned cherry pie filling can be used.