Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the best tasting cheese ball I've ever had. It's actually more along the lines of a dip except that it forms into a ball. The Accent is the ingredient that gives it extra appeal. I serve it when I'm having people over for a party or when I need to bring something to work for a potluck. People are always asking me for the recipe because it's fantastic!
- Let the cream cheese soften a bit on the counter.
- Chop green pepper and green onion as fine as possible.
- Drain pineapple repeatedly (the more moisture you can get out of it the better your cheeseball will form).
- Combine all ingredients in small bowl.
- Chill for 1/2 hour.
- Form into a ball and, if desired, roll in chopped pecans.
- Chill until ready to serve.
I wondered about the 1 T measurement of the Accent when making this so cut it back to 2 t. If I were to make this again I would reduce it further to only 1/2 or 1 t. The cheese ball goes together easily, but the accent overpowers all of the other flavors. I lined a sm bowl with plastic wrap, packed in the filling, and then chilled. It made removing it & rolling into a ball easier. I also used the optional nut option. I added 1/8 cup to the cheeseball mixture & used another 1/8 cup to roll. I did like how colorful this was. The green pepper & green onions add a welcome note of color. Thank you for sharing your recipe.