1/2 Photos of Best Ever Cauliflower Mac & Cheese
We all know that the best topping for cauliflower is cheese, now you can have both your comfort food and your veggie all in one bowl. Inspired by Jamie Oliver's cauliflower mac & cheese, this one is a creamy, vegetarian dish with hidden veggies for your kids!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Cook the cauliflower in simmering water until tender. Use a slotted spoon to remove.
- 3Cut the cauliflower florets into bite size pieces.
- 4Return water to the boil and cook the pasta in the same water. Drain.
- 5Combine the melted butter, breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese in a bowl and set aside.
- 6Melt the butter in medium sauce pan.
- 7Add flour mixed with salt, nutmeg and pepper, using a whisk to stir until well blended.
- 8Slowly add the milk and cream, stirring continuously until blended.
- 9Simmer for 2 minutes or until it thickens, stirring constantly.
- 10Remove from heat and add the cheese, stirring until melted.
- 11Combine the pasta, cauliflower and cheese sauce and transfer to a buttered casserole dish.
- 12Top with the breadcrumb mixture.
- 13Bake for 20 minutes, until the breadcrumbs form a crispy crust.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Ever Cauliflower Mac & Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (354 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 972.7
- Calories from Fat 538
- Total Fat 59.8 g
- Saturated Fat 36.7 g
- Cholesterol 178.6 mg
- Sodium 1184.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 33.0 g