Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
My family, friends and co-workers have all said the same thing - this is the best carrot cake they have ever tasted. I'm very glad to share it with all of the carrot cake lovers out there. Enjoy! : )
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn oil
- 1 3⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups peeled and grated carrots
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (or more depending on how much you like raisins)
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple (drained)
- 1 cup shredded coconut (optional, for decoration)
Cream Cheese Icing
- 1 cup butter
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 lbs confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Beat together corn oil, sugar and eggs until well combined.
- In a bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and cloves.
- Add to egg-sugar mixture, mixing well.
- Drain the pineapple well.
- Add the carrots, walnuts, raisins and pineapple to mixture.
- Blend to mix well.
- Pour batter into a 9-10 inch greased and floured cake pan. *I use a springform pan and then split the cake into two layers.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately one hour or until a pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cake cool on rack.
- Prepare frosting.
- Cream Cheese Icing:.
- In a medium mixer bowl, cream butter and cream cheese together until smooth. Add confectioner's sugar, milk and vanilla. Beat on high until smooth. This recipe yields approximately 5 1/2 cups. You'll have plenty extra which I think is better than having too little! : ).