Recipe by vlynn
This came out of the New Better Homes and Garden Cookbook. Made it for a church function and got rave reviews and I truly do think it is the Best Ever Carrot Cake I have made and I've made several. Enjoy!
Top Review by breadmakingmama
This has been my go to carrot cake for a long time. I've even made a wedding cake with this recipe. Lost the page from my BHG book :( so I was happy to find it here. Thanks!
- 4 beaten eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups finely shredded carrots, lightly packed
- 3⁄4 cup cooking oil
- cream cheese frosting (any will do)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Allow eggs to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grease and flour two 9x1 1/2 inch round cake pans; set pans aside.
- In a large mixing bowl stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and baking soda.
- In a medium bowl combine eggs, carrots, and oil. Add egg mixture to flour mixture; stir until combined. Pour batter into the prepared pans.
- Bake at 350 oven for 30-35 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted near centers comes out clean.
- Cool on wire racks for 10 minutes. Remove from pans. Cool completely on racks.
- Frost tops and side with frosting. If desired, sprinkle chopped pecans over frosting. Store cake in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- *The carrots need to be finely shredded or they may sink to the bottom of pan during baking.