Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
My Mom has been making this one for years! This is what I requested as my B-day cake all growing up. Tastes soooooo good. The cream cheese icing is the best part. One of those recipes that everyone always asks her to make for all sorts of things.
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 (4 ounce) jars carrot baby food
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 16 ounces confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Combine all cake ingredients until well blended.
- Bake in a greased and floured pans at 350 F (for round layers, approx 40 minutes; for 10x14 sheet cake or bundt pan, approx 60 min).
- Test with toothpick for doneness - this is a very moist cake!
- Combine frosting ingredients in large bowl until very creamy.
- Frost cake when it is completely cooled (putting cake in freezer for 15 minutes once cooled sometimes makes icing easier).
- Enjoy! This cake freezes very well!
Oh my goodness was this yummy! I'd rate it way higher than 5 stars. :) My son requested this for his 11th birthday a few days ago. I made the cake and my hubby whipped up the icing. This was WAY better than any other carrot cake I've ever made.
I can't believe I forgot to review this- must have been too busy eating it! I HATE grating carrot so this recipe is perfect for me. Don't use baby food, but about 500g of cooked pureed carrots. Perfect! Also perfect as gluten free mini cupcakes (see pic!).
Perfection! Light, fluffy, moist, wonderful flavor, no fuss, no mess, quick and easy, thank you!!