1/1 Photo of Best Ever Cabbage Rolls
2 hrs 30 mins
Noshing With The Nolands's Note:
Best ever cabbage rolls are sweet and savory. You will love this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large cabbage
- 1 1/2 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 1 lb lean pork
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice
- 4 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1Core cabbage and place in a large pot. Fill hole with vinegar and salt. Fill pot with water to top of cabbage but not flowing into the core. Bring to a boil, turn stove off and leave overnight. The next morning your cabbage is cooled and ready to work with, perfect!
- 2Combine ground beef, pork, cooked rice, 2 tablespoons sugar, 4 tablespoons onion, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, salt, pepper and 1/2 teaspoon paprika.
- 3Grab an appropriate sized handful of meat for the size of cabbage leaf and place at the core end of the leaf, roll, tucking sides of the leaf inches.
- 4Place on a platter seam side down.
- 5Continue with remaining leaves.
- 6Saute diced onion in the canola oil with salt, pepper and 1/2 teaspoon paprika, until translucent.
- 7Place in the bottom of a large roasting pan.
- 8Add hot water and stir to combine.
- 9Place cabbage rolls on top of the onion mixture, arranging smaller ones on the second layer.
- 10Mix tomato sauce with the brown sugar and lemon juice; pour over the cabbage rolls.
- 11Cover and bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Ever Cabbage Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (484 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 398.2
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 86.1 mg
- Sodium 573.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 23.3 g
- Protein 34.6 g