1 hr 30 mins
I double the chicken broth/sour cream sauce. These really are fantastic. You can thank my Aunt Carol for these!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 lbs cabbage, that has either been cored and steamed or frozen and thawed
- 1 1/2 lbs ground pork
- 1 large onion, chopped medium fine
- 1 hard roll, soaked in water and squeezed dry, crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 (13 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 dash cayenne (or more if you like)
- 1Separate leaves of your steamed or frozen/thawed cabbage and slice off the tough rib on the back of each leaf.
- 2Mix pork, onion, roll, rice, garlic, eggs, salt, marjoram and the 1 t.
- 3paprika in a large bowl until well blended-but dont turn the rice into mush.
- 4Place about 1/3 cup of meat mixture on each leaf and roll, tuck, roll into desired size/shape.
- 5Set aside and repeat.
- 6Shred remaining cabbage.
- 7Fry bacon until crisp and add half the shredded cabbage.
- 8Pour this into a deep casserole dish, place cabbage rolls on top and then remaining shredded cabbage.
- 9Pour chicken broth over top, cover and bake in a 375-degree oven for 1 hour.
- 10Drain off juice into a sauce pan and add the sour cream, flour and paprika.
- 11Whisk as you're heating to thicken, pour over the cabbage rolls and serve.
- 12Dust with cayenne if using.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Ever Cabbage Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (531 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 646.2
- Calories from Fat 347
- Total Fat 38.5 g
- Saturated Fat 15.6 g
- Cholesterol 169.9 mg
- Sodium 1091.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.7 g
- Sugars 15.1 g
- Protein 31.8 g