1/1 Photo of Best-Ever Buttermilk Biscuits
Nikki Kate's Note:
Nice, big, soft and tender biscuits. Can be used for biscuits and gravy, Chicken and biscuit or just jelly or butter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, sugar, cream of tartar, salt and baking soda.
- 2Using pastry blender, cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 3Making a well in the center of dry mixture. Add buttermilk all at once to dry mixture.
- 4Using a fork, stir just until moistened.
- 5Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface. Quickly knead dough by folding and gently pressing 10 to 12 strokes or until dough is nearly smooth.
- 6Pat or lightly roll dough to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut dough with a floured 2 1/2-inch biscuit cutter, dipping the cutter into flour between cuts.
- 7Place biscuits 1 inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 8Bake 450°F oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best-Ever Buttermilk Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (22 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 80.2
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.2 mg
- Sodium 90.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 1.3 g