Recipe by cali~jenn
Your family will love it! You can add to it whatever you like. You could make it with chicken, but I suggest trying it this way first. If made with chicken, brown the chicken, with skins on, in the oven, then add all the juices to the pot also for flavor. This is an easy to make crowd pleaser, made with lots of burgundy wine, steak, and mushrooms.
Top Review by Its Me Busy Bee
This was very easy to make and the directions were clear. My family and I loved this dish! It didn't take long at all to put together really, and the end result was a delicious meal that we all enjoyed. We had over noodles and next time I might try rice. Thanks Jenn! Kimberley
- 4 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup (campbells)
- 2 (24 ounce) containers sour cream
- 2 top sirloin steaks
- 2 (4 ounce) packages mushrooms
- Burgundy wine
- 4 garlic cloves
- olive oil
- steak seasoning
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- white rice
Directions See How It's Made
- First, pour the soup and sour cream into a large pot. Start to heat up.
- Then put a few tbsp of olive oil in a med high pan. Chop up garlic and add to the pan with the mushrooms. Let brown up before you add salt and pepper. Pour it all into the pot when done.
- Next season up your top sirloin with whatever steak seasoning you would normally use, garlic and onion powder. Brown the whole steak in a hot pan with a bit of olive oil. Let set for a couple minutes, then flip and brown the other side. Remove from stove and let rest for about 5 minutes. When cooled, cut it up into bite size pieces and add to the pot, juices and all.
- Now add the burgundy wine. If you are using a small bottle, then I would add at least half of it. You may need to add more after it has been stirred in, to taste. Let simmer for about a half hour or longer. Then it is ready.
- Prepare white rice as directed on the package and serve the stroganoff over the white rice. You can also use egg noodles, but I prefer the rice.