Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
Can be made ahead and heated for 20 minutes before serving.
- 5 lbs chicken drummettes
- cooking oil, for frying (I like Canola)
- 1⁄2-1 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 (5/8 ounce) packets dried Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle louisiana hot sauce
- Thaw and deep fry chicken wings in oil.
- I usually cook 10-12 at a time in large skillet.
- Place on paper towels to absorb excess oil.
- Set cooked wings aside to cool to room temperature.
- Melt butter.
- Add lemon juice, Italian seasoning and hot sauce.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Place cooled wings in gallon ziplock bags and add sauce.
- Seal and marinate for 1/2 hour.
- Place wings on baking sheets and cook at 325°F for 15-20 minutes.
- You may reuse the leftover sauce for dipping if you reheat it to the boiling point.
- Good served w/ ranch dressing and veggie sticks. (Also see stuffed mushroom recipe).
- You can deep fry, add sauce and freeze for up to three weeks.
- Thaw then bake.
- This is a crowd pleaser and goes fast.
I served these at my husbands super-bowl party and they were a hit. I made 5lbs of chicken wings and they were the first thing to disapear. They were wonderful. I sent the recipe home with all of the guys.
Made these for the superbowl,and they were gone before I knew it! Excellent!
Very easy recipe, and it tastes awesome. My wife was making them for fathers day, when she got called into work for an emergency and left me with the chore of completing them. Not being patient, I tried the cooked wings in the sauce prior to baking them and was in heaven!! Waiting right now to taste them from the oven.... Great recipe!!!!!