Recipe by Aroostook
Can be made ahead and heated for 20 minutes before serving.
Top Review by elaine cox
I served these at my husbands super-bowl party and they were a hit. I made 5lbs of chicken wings and they were the first thing to disapear. They were wonderful. I sent the recipe home with all of the guys.
- 5 lbs chicken drummettes
- cooking oil, for frying (I like Canola)
- 1⁄2-1 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 (5/8 ounce) packets dried Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle louisiana hot sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw and deep fry chicken wings in oil.
- I usually cook 10-12 at a time in large skillet.
- Place on paper towels to absorb excess oil.
- Set cooked wings aside to cool to room temperature.
- Melt butter.
- Add lemon juice, Italian seasoning and hot sauce.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Place cooled wings in gallon ziplock bags and add sauce.
- Seal and marinate for 1/2 hour.
- Place wings on baking sheets and cook at 325°F for 15-20 minutes.
- You may reuse the leftover sauce for dipping if you reheat it to the boiling point.
- Good served w/ ranch dressing and veggie sticks. (Also see stuffed mushroom recipe).
- You can deep fry, add sauce and freeze for up to three weeks.
- Thaw then bake.
- This is a crowd pleaser and goes fast.