Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Small peanut butter balls that taste even better than Reese's Cups. The taste so good- be careful, they are addictive!
- 1 1⁄2 cups peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate chips
- Mix peanut butter, margarine or butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla in bowl (It helps to soften the margarine).
- Shape into 1" balls.
- Refrigerate balls.
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate with a bit of crisco (so the chocolate will harden. Without crisco, chocolate will remain soft.) in double boiler.
- Insert toothpick into refrigerated balls and dip into chocolate, leaving small area resembling a buckeye.
- Cool on wax paper and store in refrigerator or freezer.
These are so good. They are much better cold. Make sure you let them get really cold before you try to dip them into the chocolate. Makes it so much easier. Thanks for this!! Will make again! My daughter loved to help make these.
Very delish! I was craving buckeyes today, and this hit the spot! The vanilla was a lovely touch! I did, however, have to edit the recipe a little. As I was mixing the powdered sugar in (I do it little by little), I realized that the mixture was going to get way too dry if I added the whole package. I think I used 3/4 of the package, and that was definitely enough. It might have been my fault, because I was using organic peanut butter, but I would think it would make the mixture moister instead of drier. Other than that, though, the recipe was wonderful :-) I used about 2 tbsp. of Crisco, and the chocolate hardened beautifully. Thank you for sharing!
These are delicious! I agree they tend to be to dry with 1lb. of powdered suger so I added just a bit more butter and then it was fine. Did not have Crisco so will have to try that next time but still came out very well.