- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 large diced onion
- 3 chopped garlic cloves
- 2 lbs Brussels sprouts (cut in half if large ones)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb slivered almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a pan of salted water to a boil and immerse the brussels sprouts to cook for 2-3 minutes. Drain them and rinse with cold water. Set aside for a moment.
- Melt the butter in a large saute pan and cook the onions and celery until the onions are carmalized over medium heat.
- Then add in the brussels sprouts, garlic, oil and salt and pepper and cook for 3-4 minutes, tossing until combined.
- Toss in almond slivers and serve at once.