Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is one of my favorite things to make. I have people ask me to make it for parties and get togethers ALL the time! My ex-boyfriend who is italian goes nutts for it. Best of all its super easy to make!
- 3 cups tomatoes, chopped and drained
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, chopped finely
- 2 -3 tablespoons garlic, crushed (I get the kind in the jar, it has a good flavor and is eaiser than doing it yourself)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 lb fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into small cubes
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- garlic salt (optional)
- 1 loaf Italian bread, cut into slices appx 1/2 inch thick
- olive oil
- garlic powder
- For The Bruchetta:.
- Mix together tomatoes, basil, garlic, and cheese.
- drizzle olive oil and vingar over the tomato mixture. You don't want to skimp but you don't want to go over board either. For 3 cups of tomato mixture I would reccomend about a cup of liquid. Appx 3/4 cup of oil and a 1/4c of vinigar but this is just an estimate. Go by your own preference.
- Stir the ingredients.Taste it and add more oil, vinigar, as needed. You can also ad a little garlic salt if you think it needs salt.
- For The Garlic Toast:.
- Cut the bread slices in half so they are snack sized (if you used italian bread. If you use french bread the slices should be perfect sized).
- Spread slices on a broiler pan, drizzle w/ olive oil, sprinkle with garlic powder, parsley, and a touch of paprika. Put under the broiler untli toasted but not burned.