Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
These are great brownies and very easy to make. Best of all - they are also dairy free!!!
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 3⁄4 walnuts, chopped (opional)
- confectioners' sugar
- Cream together margarine and sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla, mix well.
- Sift together flour, salt and baking powder- add to creamed mixture.
- Blend in cocoa powder and add chopped nuts.
- Spread mixture into greased 9-inch square pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes at 350.
- When cool, top with dusting of confectioners sugar.
I made these over the Christmas holiday for my brother who is lactose intolerant as well as being alergic to any type of corn product. He did eat one, as did the rest of the family, however we found these to be sort of dry. I am not sure what would fix that without adding dairy to the recipe. All in all the recipe was ok, and at least my brother got a dessert to enjoy. Thanks for posting.
These are great - unfortunately though no good for my little girl who is dairy free - despite the title! Eggs are considered dairy produce over here.:( Everyone else loved them though!