1/8 Photos of Best-Ever Brownies 6 Ways
From Woman's World mag 8/3/09.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9 inch square baking pan with enough foil to overhang two sides by 2 inches; coat with cooking spray. Combine flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder; reserve.
- 2In microwave safe bowl, microwave chocolate chips and butter on high in 20 second intervals, stirring, until melted. Whisk in sugar, eggs and vanilla until blended. Stir in flour mixture until smooth.
- 3Spread in pan. Bake 30-35 minutes or until pick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool on rack 15 minutes. Use foil to lift from pan. Cool completely before cutting.
- 4Triple Peanut Brownies: Quarter 16 mini Snickers bars; stir into batter with 1 cup peanut butter M & M's. Bake 35-40 minutes. Stir 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter into 1 can (16oz) vanilla frosting until smooth. Spread over cooled brownies. Sprinkle with additional M & M's and Snickers pieces.
- 5German Chocolate Brownies: Stir 1 cup pecan pieces and 1/2 cup sweetened, flaked coconut into batter. Bake 35-40 minutes. Spread cooled brownies with 1 can (15 oz) coconut-pecan frosting. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup pecan pieces and 2 tablespoons sweetened, flaked coconut. Drizzle with 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips (melted).
- 6Strawberry & White Chocolate Brownies: Stir 1/2 cup low suagr strawberry preserves, then 3/4 cup white chocolate chips into batter. Bake 40-45 minutes. Spread cooled brownies with 1 can (12 oz) whipped strawberry frosting. If desired, garnish with strawberries.
- 7Grasshopper Brownies: Quarter 10 Double Stuf Oreo Mint cookies; stir into batter. Bake 35-40 minutes. Cut into bars; top with 1 can (16 oz) vanilla frosting and garnish with addditional cookie pieces.
- 8Espresso Brownies: Add 3 tablespoons instant espresso coffee powder and 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest to butter mixture. Stir 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips into batter. Bake 40-45 minutes. Spread cooled brownies with 1 can (16 oz) milk chocolate frosting. If desired, garnish with chocolate curls and lemon zest twists.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best-Ever Brownies 6 Ways
Serving Size: 1 (55 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 204.4
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 61.7 mg
- Sodium 148.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 20.0 g
- Protein 3.4 g