Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
After looking at over 300 Broccoli Salad Recipes on RecipeZaar to be sure I wasn't duplicating something that had already been posted, it would seem that the last thing that RecipeZaar needs is another Broccoli Salad Recipe. However, even though there are several recipes that are similar, this one has not been posted. Every time I take this anywhere I hear, "This is the best Broccoli Salad I have ever tasted", and I get many requests for the recipe, so I figured that posting on RecipeZaar was a good way to share it with all of those people, and introduce them to RecipeZaar at the same time. I had five requests for it just last night. This recipe makes enough for a large group, so if you are fixing it for a small gathering or family dinner, cut it in half.
- 3 lbs fresh broccoli
- 1 lb bacon
- 2 cups sunflower seeds
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups Best Foods Mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Wash and cut the broccoli into bite sized pieces. Use only the flowerets, discarding the large stem pieces.
- Cut the whole pound of bacon into small pieces (this is very easy to do if the bacon is frozen) and fry the bacon pieces until crisp. Drain bacon on paper towels.
- Whisk the mayonnaise and sugar together. After well blended, whisk in vinegar one tablespoon at a time. Refrigerate this dressing until time to serve the salad.
- When taking this to a pot luck, I put each ingredient into a separate plastic bag and toss everything together in a large salad bowl just before serving.
This is an easy recipe to make and everyone asks for the recipe...I tell them to go to Recipezaar # 227695 from chef 782749 Photogardener
I have to say this certainly lives up to the name! I have just taken this to a family reunion for 80 & the response was overwhelming. Many requests for the recipe. I need to add that I substituted dried cranberries for the raisins.
this was my first from your website.. great.
thanks from sailor chick..