Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is from BH&G - posted here for safekeeping.
Make and share this Best Ever Bourbon Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate piece
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons Bourbon
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 -3 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, melted
- Grease an 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking pan; set aside. In a medium saucepan, combine 1/3 cup butter, the granulated sugar, and water. Cook and stir over medium heat just until boiling. Remove from heat. Add the 1 cup of chocolate pieces; stir until chocolate is melted. Stir in eggs and vanilla, beating lightly with a spoon until just combined. Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir in pecans. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven about 20 minutes or until edges are set and begin to pull away from sides of pan.
- Using fork, prick the warm brownies several times. Drizzle bourbon evenly over brownies; cool in pan on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a small mixing bowl beat the 3 tablespoons butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating well. Slowly beat in 2 tablespoons of the milk and vanilla. If necessary, beat in remaining milk to reach spreading consistency. Spread over brownies; drizzle melted chocolate over brownies.