- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate piece
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 -3 tablespoons Bourbon
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 2 -3 teaspoons milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease an 8x8x2-inch baking pan;set aside;Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the 1/3 cup butter, sugar and water; cook and stir over medium heat just until boiling, remove from heat, add the 1 cup of chocolate pieces; stir until chocolate is melted.
- Stir in eggs and vanilla, beating lightly with a spoon until combined; stir in flour, baking soda and salt; stir in pecans.
- Spread batter into prepared pan;Bake at 350 degrees about 20 minutes or until edges are set and begin to pull away from the sides of pan.
- Using a fork, prick the warm brownies several times, Drizzle BOURBON evenly over brownies; cool in pan on wire rack.
- For frosting; In a small mixing bowl beat the 3 tablespoons butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for about 30 seconds; gradually add powdered sugar, beating well, slowly beat in 2 teaspoons of the milk and the vanilla; if necessary, beat in remaining milk to reach spreading consistency, spread over brownies;Melt chocolate; drizzle melted chocolate over frosting.