Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are an elegant, indulgent, melt-in-your mouth chocolate dessert. If you prefer the brownies without the bourbon, omit the drizzling step.
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate piece
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 -3 tablespoons Bourbon
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 2 -3 teaspoons milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, melted
- Grease an 8x8x2-inch baking pan;set aside;Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the 1/3 cup butter, sugar and water; cook and stir over medium heat just until boiling, remove from heat, add the 1 cup of chocolate pieces; stir until chocolate is melted.
- Stir in eggs and vanilla, beating lightly with a spoon until combined; stir in flour, baking soda and salt; stir in pecans.
- Spread batter into prepared pan;Bake at 350 degrees about 20 minutes or until edges are set and begin to pull away from the sides of pan.
- Using a fork, prick the warm brownies several times, Drizzle BOURBON evenly over brownies; cool in pan on wire rack.
- For frosting; In a small mixing bowl beat the 3 tablespoons butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for about 30 seconds; gradually add powdered sugar, beating well, slowly beat in 2 teaspoons of the milk and the vanilla; if necessary, beat in remaining milk to reach spreading consistency, spread over brownies;Melt chocolate; drizzle melted chocolate over frosting.
These were okay. The frosting just didn't do it for me.
these are the best brownies i've ever made! i'm used to adjusting recipes to make them better but this one is absolutely perfect!
these brownies were delicious! i loved the bourbon poured over the top, my pan sizzled as i added it, very dramatic. i didn't bother with the frosting, these were swet enough without it- a keeper.