Recipe by ~heidi~
Modified from BH&G's Homemade Bread Cookbook. Tip: if you don't have whole milk on hand, mix your low-fat milk with a pat of melted butter. It helps preserve the fat ratio in the recipe and keeps the muffins from being dry.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 large egg, well beaten
- 3⁄4 cup whole milk
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup blueberries (thaw & drain if using frozen)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Stir thoroughly first 5 ingredients. Make well in center.
- Combine egg, milk, and oil; add all at once to dry mixture. Stir just till moistened.
- Combine blueberries, 4 tablespoons sugar, and lemon peel and fold into batter.
- Fill well-greased muffin pans or paper-lined muffin pans 2/3 full.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes.
- While muffins are warm, dip tops in melted butter and then in sugar (can alternately dust with powdered sugar).