Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is similar to Emerils, but a touch different. It will be the last bloody mary recipe you will ever want - I've tried several until I tweaked this one just right! Nothing like fresh.
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup pickle juice
- 1 ounce vodka, per drink
- In a blender combine the tomato juice, lemon juice, lime juice, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, pickle juice, and hot sauce and process until smooth. Transfer to a nonreactive container and add celery salt and black pepper, to taste. Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, at least 2 hours and up to overnight.
- When ready to serve, fill each glass with ice.
- Add 1 ounce of vodka to each glass, then fill the glass with the bloody mary mix. Stir well, and garnish each glass with your favorite veggie, pickle, celery, pickled green bean, or a pickled okra.
This really is the best Bloody Mary! I love mine spicy and this really fit the bill. Thanks for sharing. Made for What's on the Menu Tag.
This is really good. I like the updates you've made from the original recipe. One thing I'll do next time is add a little less pickle juice. That could really depend on what sort of pickles you're using, I suppose. I also used a lot more hot sauce (Sriracha), and added a dash of liquid smoke.
First bloody Mary ever made really good pickle juice had me sold I actally put a jalapeño in it and 2 pickles and tabasco was great will make from now on and really easy and I put half tomato juice and half spicy V8.