Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe I tweaked to our family's liking. I love to serve this either wrapped in a tortilla or on a bed of rice. We love it!!!
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cilantro
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 (3 1/2 cup) cans canned black beans, semi drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- Heat olive oil in pot and saute onion, garlic and pepper.
- Add broth, spices, tomatoes, corn & beans, cover and let cook for about 30 min on low or until thickend.
- **We like to cook white rice and serve it in a tortillia with cheddar cheese.**Yum**.