Recipe by Grammabobbie
I have perfected this over the years. It is the best biscuits and gravy I have ever eaten! Great to serve company on a chilly morning, or an addition to brunch!
Top Review by nodotdotdot
Wish I could give a 2.5 rather than 3, because I'm kind of undecided. The flavor was good, but it took a very long time to get the consistency right and I had to use much more flour than the recipe indicated to get it to thicken up at all...for a long time it was very very thin. Some may like that, but I like a thicker gravy.
- 16 ounces roll Jimmy Dean sausage
- 4 ounces chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 4 -5 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (19 ounce) cans Pillsbury Grands refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F for biscuits.
- Bake biscuits as directed.
- Sauté onions and mushrooms in olive oil, till soft, about 5 minutes. Add sausage and cook till browned. Add seasonings. Sprinkle flour over meat mixture, and cook stirring constantly for about a minute. Slowly add 3 cups milk, stirring over medium-low heat, till thickened, scraping bottom of saucepan. Add more milk to desired consistency. Add butter for a velvety finish and stir right before serving.