Recipe by rickyalberta
This is the my favorite and certainly what I believe to be the best chocolate chip cookie recipe. These cookies are nice and big, the kind you find in a bakery, but even better, because you made them!
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsalted butter (melted)
- 2 cups brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips or 3 1⁄2 cups semisweet chocolate chunks
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F Grease cookie sheets. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in one bowl. In another bowl, cream melted butter and both the brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until the consistency is light and creamy. Mix in the flour, baking soda and salt from the other bowl until blended. Stir in the chocolate chunks by hand. Drop 1/4 cup of dough onto the prepared cookie sheets. The cookies should be about 3 inches apart as they spread a bit. Bakefor 15 to 18 minutes at 325F or until golden brown. Let sit on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.