Recipe by *kara*intn
Great for a meal, appetizer, or with a sandwich. This involves some chopping, but it's so worth it!
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped carrot
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 cups whole milk or 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 12 ounces cubed process American cheese
- 12 ounces beer
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in dutch oven over medium heat.
- Stir in onion, celery, carrot, parsley, and garlic.
- Cook 5 - 6 minutes or until vegetables are crisp tender.
- Stir in flour, mustard, and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Cook 1 minute stirring constantly.
- Gradually add milk and chicken broth and mix well.
- Cook uncovered over medium heat for 10 - 15 minutes or until soup is thickened and thoroughly heated.
- Stir in cheese and beer and cooke 5 - 8 minutes or until cheese is melted, stirring frequently.
- DO NOT BOIL.