Recipe by Jan Marie
This is my adaptation of Rachaei Ray's Mom's Beef Stew. It super simple to make and the apple juice tenderizes the meat and gives it a wonderful flavor. Add whatever veggies you want. I sometimes include mushrooms. Enjoy
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (extra-virgin olive oil)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 lbs top sirloin steaks, trimmed and cut into 11/2-inch cubes
- 1 dash salt and black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 -8 small red potatoes, unpleeled and cubed
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) can corn or 1 (8 ounce) can peas, drained
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1 (15 ounce) can beef broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop onion and brown in EVOO and butter.
- Add top sirloin.
- Brown for 7-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add diced potatoes and carrots.
- Add salt and pepper and garlic.
- Sprinkle with flour, stiring until blended.
- Add broth and apple juice.
- Bake at 425 for 50 minutes.
- 5 minute before serving, add canned corn or peas.
- Serve and enjoy.