Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a family favorite, very juicy and tender. Makes for a great gravy, Great recipe for dinner guest!
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs beef roast
- 5 russet potatoes (cut into bit size pieces)
- 1 (16 ounce) bag baby carrots
- 1 small onion (cut up)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- salt and pepper
- Place cut up potatoes carrots and onion in bottom of crock pot.
- salt and pepper roast and lay on top of vegetables.
- In a bowl mix the remaining ingredients and pour over roast.
- cover and cook on high for the first hour, reduce to medium and cook for another 4 to 5 hours.
i used an Arm Roast and followed most of the directions.I left out the onions (I can't eat onions)and substituted a can of sliced mushrooms. I also included a can of "Beefy Mushroom" soup, to go with the can of Cream of Mushroom soup. After having a wonderful meal, I put a can of peas and a can of green beans with the leftovers and had another delicious meal the following day. Will use this recipe again, as we really enjoyed the flavor and the roast was very tender and tasty.
I absolutely loved the sound of this until I read CANNED soup...it is hard for me and my family to even stomach them. I intend to try this recipe though, with another recipe contributors recipe, for an alternative soup. I have tried these home made soups and I highly recommend them. The recipe sounds fantastic though WITH a home made alternative soup. <br/><br/>http://www.food.com/recipe/homemade-condensed-cream-of-chicken-or-mushroom-or-celery-soup-397758