Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a wonderful and flavorful side-dish from Taste of Home that I make often. It makes a lot, but I simply place left-overs in the freezer with great results. Depending on your family's preference, use hot or mild pork sausage.
- 680.38 g pork sausage
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 878.83 g can pork and beans
- 453.59 g can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 439.41 g can great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 425.24 g can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 425.24 g can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 439.41 g can black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 354.88 ml ketchup
- 177.44 ml brown sugar, packed
- 9.85 ml ground mustard
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown sausage; drain.
- Add green pepper and onion; saute until tender. Drain.
- Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Pour into greased 9x13 baking dish. Cover and bake at 350* for 1 hour. Uncover and bake 20-30 minutes longer or until bubbly.
Peggisue isn't kidding when she says this makes alot! A great potluck dish, but if you aren't feeding an army, the freezing suggestion also comes in handy. We found these beans attractive and very tasty--a nice alternative to traditional baked beans.