Recipe by Karin...
This BBQ sauce is a real beauty! With a rich and tangy flavour, some say it's mildly addictive!! It makes about 1 & 1/4 cups, and is delicious served with ANY BBQ meat, and especially good with sausages or barbecued Kransky!
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup Heinz ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar (white or brown)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Gently saute the finely chopped onion in the oil.
- Add tomato ketchup, Worcestershire Sauce, water, vinegar and brown sugar to the onions.
- Remove a thin strip of peel from the lemon and add to the pan WITH the JUICE from the lemon.
- Add to this the paprika and chilli powder.
- Simmer VERY GENTLY for 1/2 hour, after which time the sauce should be thick and richly flavoured, and the oil absorbed into the sauce.
- Store covered in refrigerator.