Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
These ribs take some time, but are well worth the wait! Make extra and freeze for a quick and delicious meal during the week.
- 2 racks of baby-back pork ribs
dry rub seasonings
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons barbecue seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1⁄2 cups apple juice
barbecue sauce (or you can use a bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce)
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white onion, chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- salt and pepper
- Mix dry ingredients together in bowl.
- Rub onto slabs.
- Place in plastic bag and refrigerate 8-12 hours or overnight.
- Place BBQ sauce ingredients into food processor until blended. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Wrap ribs in aluminum foil and place on baking sheet in oven for 2 hours.
- Remove from oven and turn slabs meat side down.
- Divide apple juice between both slabs and wrap tightly again with aluminum foil.
- Bake in oven for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and drain apple juice from foil.
- Coat both sides with BBQ sauce and place meat side up in foil. Wrap tightly again.
- Bake in oven for an additional 6-8 hours or until internal temp reached 160°F being sure to baste with BBQ sauce every hour.