Recipe by Corilayn
Everyone in the family loves these and they are so easy to make!
Top Review by spreadnjoy
I liked these, they were kinda wierd and felt like some mad science experiment when I was preparing them. But they were worth the trial! My husband is a devoted plain old hamburger fan, and he grudgingly said he might eat these once in a while ;) I think they need some salt added to the mix before cooking, and we didn't do the cheese, we're very alergic to milk prod. I served these with cole slaw #47606 and breaded okra. Great meal! Thanks for posting!
- 2 -3 lbs ground pork
- 1 (1 lb) package bacon
- 2 -3 eggs (I used 3)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 2 teaspoons ground thyme
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 finely chopped shallot
- 1 finely chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons soya sauce
- 2 teaspoons pancake maple syrup
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry bacon until done but not crisp, add minced garlic half way through cooking bacon. Drain fat and set aside.
- In a bowl mix eggs, rosemary, thyme and pepper until blended.
- Add pork, shallot, onion, and the rest of the ingredients including the bacon/garlic, but not the cheese.
- Mix thoroughly and form patties.
- BBQ on medium for 10-12 mins per side.
- Top with cheese and your favorite toppings on a bun.
- * I mixed mayo, mustard and some finely chopped red onion together to spread on the bun -- delicious!