Prep 20 mins
Cook 24 mins
Everyone in the family loves these and they are so easy to make!
Make and share this Best Ever BBQ Pork Bacon Burgers recipe from Food.com.
- 2 -3 lbs ground pork
- 1 (1 lb) package bacon
- 2 -3 eggs (I used 3)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 2 teaspoons ground thyme
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 finely chopped shallot
- 1 finely chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons soya sauce
- 2 teaspoons pancake maple syrup
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese
- Fry bacon until done but not crisp, add minced garlic half way through cooking bacon. Drain fat and set aside.
- In a bowl mix eggs, rosemary, thyme and pepper until blended.
- Add pork, shallot, onion, and the rest of the ingredients including the bacon/garlic, but not the cheese.
- Mix thoroughly and form patties.
- BBQ on medium for 10-12 mins per side.
- Top with cheese and your favorite toppings on a bun.
- * I mixed mayo, mustard and some finely chopped red onion together to spread on the bun -- delicious!
I liked these, they were kinda wierd and felt like some mad science experiment when I was preparing them. But they were worth the trial! My husband is a devoted plain old hamburger fan, and he grudgingly said he might eat these once in a while ;) I think they need some salt added to the mix before cooking, and we didn't do the cheese, we're very alergic to milk prod. I served these with cole slaw #47606 and breaded okra. Great meal! Thanks for posting!
EASY! I used left over bacon. Didn't have shallots. Turned out amazing and will BBQ pork way more often than I ever have before. Tried it with ground turkey and turned out just as scrumptious! THANKS