1/3 Photos of Best Ever BBQ Chicken
The BBQ sauce on this juicy grilled chicken is out-of-this world! We "wow" people with this recipe every summer during outdoor entertaining. I always double the sauce recipe to have extra on the side for dipping. The original recipe calls for 2 small boiler chickens quartered but we prefer using bone-in, skin on chicken breasts. Slow cooking on the grill gives it the best flavor. I hope you enjoy this as much as we do - it's a favorite at this house.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup Heinz ketchup (a must for us)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chili sauce (Heinz is a good one)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2-3/4 tablespoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 8 large chicken breast halves, bone-in with skin (a large family pack will usually have about 7-8 breasts.)
- 1In a saucepan, saute the garlic in butter until tender.
- 2Add the next 8 ingredients.
- 3Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- 4Remove from the heat and set aside.
- 5Grill the chicken, covered over medium heat for 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- 6Baste with sauce.
- 7Grill 15 minutes longer or until juices run clear.
- 8Continue basting and turning during the last 15 minutes of cooking.
- 9Serve with any extra sauce you set aside for dipping.
- 10(The sauce is just that delicious!).
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Ever BBQ Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 205.0
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 48.9 mg
- Sodium 715.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 14.8 g
- Protein 16.1 g