Chef #233532's Note:
My mother always made her basic muffins using this recipe and I have not found a recipe that beats these for me. I think the difference lies in the addition of lemon juice to the batter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare 12 cup muffin tin.
- 2Stir together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- 3Add raisins and rind, tossing to combine.
- 4Whisk together eggs, milk, oil and lemon juice.
- 5Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients till just moistened.
- 6Spoon into muffin tins, filling to top.
- 7Bake for about 25 minutes.
- 8Remove to cooling racks.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Ever Basic Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 218.6
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 18.3 mg
- Sodium 205.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 15.6 g
- Protein 3.7 g