Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
My husband thinks this is the best banana pudding he has ever had. I hope you enjoy this as much as he does!
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 dash salt
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (11 ounce) box vanilla wafers
- 5 medium ripe bananas, slices
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- Mix sugar, flour and salt in pan over medium to medium high heat.
- Blend in egg yolks and milk.
- Cook, uncovered 10 to 12 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Put vanilla wafers on bottom of 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Spread small amount of custard on top of wafers.
- Top with enough sliced bananas to cover custard.
- Repeat steps of wafers and custard, ending with custard on top.
- Either 2 to 3 layers, depending on thickness of custard.
- Let cool.
- Then top with Cool Whip, sealing the custard.