Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I made the best ever banana cake (which was "AWESOME"! } but for my family and I, It need a little something so Here we go!
- 1 1⁄2 cups bananas, mashed, ripe
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 1⁄2 cups icing sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 275°.
- 2. Grease and flour a 9 x 13 pan.
- 3. In a small bowl, mix mashed banana with the lemon juice; set aside.
- 4. In a medium bowl,sift flour, baking soda and salt;nutmeg and cinnamon set aside.
- 5. In a large bowl, cream 3/4 cup butter and 2 cups sugar until light and fluffy.
- 6. Beat in eggs, one at a time, then stir in 2 tsp vanilla.
- 7. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk.
- 8. Stir in banana mixture.
- 9. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for one hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 10. Remove from oven and place directly into the freezer for 45 minutes. This will make the cake very moist.
- For the frosting, cream the butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Beat in 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Add icing sugar and beat on low speed until combined, then on high speed until frosting is smooth.
- Spread on cooled cake.
- Sprinkle chopped walnuts over top of the frosting, if desired.