Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
There is no comparison this is THE best banana cake EVER!! It can be made into a two-layer 9-inch cake with chocolate or fudge frosting or a loaf.
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup butter (12T)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Puree 3 ripe bananas w/ buttermilk and vanilla.
- Cream butter, sugar, and eggs.
- Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder.
- Add banana mix and dry ingredients to butter mixture, combine well.
- Bake 40 minutes at 350°F.
- Also can be made into about 20 muffins, 9-inch two-layer cake or a loaf.
I made the two-layered cake with this recipe, and Mmmmm!! A VERY TASTY dessert. Made for alphabet Tag.
This was super good and I do not even care for bananas. I used a cream cheese frosting and loved it.