1/2 Photos of Best Ever Banana Bread
1 hr 15 mins
Overton Fam's Note:
I have been testing and trying banana bread recipes for the past couple of years trying to find "the best" one for my recipe collection. Recently, I noticed this recipe on a bag of flour that I purchased. The recipe on the bag carried the name "Best Ever Banana Bread". I figured I had to try it. I did and now I will look no further. This is the one makes it into my recipe book. It is moist and full of flavor. It's the perfect banana bread. Thank you Gold Medal Flour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottoms only of 2 (8x4-inch) loaf pans or 1 (9x5-inch) loaf pan.
- 2In large bowl, mix sugar and butter. Add eggs, bananas, buttermilk and vanilla; beat with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- 3Stir in flour, baking soda, salt, and nuts just until moistened. Pour batter into pans.
- 4Bake 8-inch loaves 1 hour, 9-inch loaf 1 1/4 hours, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Loosen sides of loaves from pans; remove from pans to cooling rack. Cool about 1 hour before slicing.
- 5****High Altitude (3500-6500 feet): Increase flour to 2 3/4 cups. In step 1, heat oven to 375 degrees. In step 2, add 1/4 cup water with buttermilk. bake 8-inch loaves about 1 hour 5 min, 9-inch loaf about 1 hour 30 minute.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Ever Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (43 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 106.9
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 19.4 mg
- Sodium 146.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 1.6 g