Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I got this recipe from Veganomicon, but I lowered the amount of molasses, I felt the original (2 Tbs.) was overpowering. Also, instead of regular, processed sugar I used Sugar in the Raw and replaced the flour with unbleached flour.
- 2 large bananas
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup raw sugar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (or allspice)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350. Lightly grease 9x5 loaf pan.
- In large bowl, mash the bananas really well. Add sugar, applesauce, oil and molasses and mix well.
- Sift in flour, baking soda, spices and salt. Mix until wet and dry ingredients are combined.
- Transfer the batter to prepared pan. Bake 45-50 minutes.
- Top should be lightly browned and a toothpick should come out clean.
- Remove from oven and invert onto cooling rack. Flip over and let cool.
- *Turn into muffins by pouring into greased muffin pan and baking for 18 minutes.