Recipe by Mommy J
This recipe was given to me by my cousin, and it TRULY is the best ever banana bread! It makes 2 loaves, and they generally last only a day and a half in our house! Recipe states to bake 45 minutes to an hour, I have found that it needs the full hour.
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 3 cups mashed bananas
- 4 eggs, well beaten
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- With electric beater, cream margarine and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add bananas and eggs, and beat until well mixed.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Blend dry ingredients with banana mixture, but do not overmix.
- Pour into two lightly greased loaf pans.
- Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour, test for doneness.
- Cool on rack 10 minutes before removing from pans.