Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe was given to me by my cousin, and it TRULY is the best ever banana bread! It makes 2 loaves, and they generally last only a day and a half in our house! Recipe states to bake 45 minutes to an hour, I have found that it needs the full hour.
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 3 cups mashed bananas
- 4 eggs, well beaten
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- With electric beater, cream margarine and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add bananas and eggs, and beat until well mixed.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Blend dry ingredients with banana mixture, but do not overmix.
- Pour into two lightly greased loaf pans.
- Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour, test for doneness.
- Cool on rack 10 minutes before removing from pans.
I loved this version of the classic. It had a wonderful buttery taste.
This was very good. I used 5 bananas. It turned out perfect. I also added a handful of frozen raspberries. I made this for work and everyone told me they loved it!! I also made this in a bundt pan. Mmmmmm
I make this recipe all the time. I actually got it from a cookbook call "Beat this" by Ann Hodgman. It is a delicious and perfectly moist. I use 6 bananas instead of 3 and also add 1 Tbs of fresh lemon juice and 1 ts grated orange rind. Thanks for posting this great recipe.