Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My Grandma used to make this all the time when I was a child. I still have vivid memories of her baking this on a cold winter's day.
- 2⁄3 cup oil
- 2 cups mashed bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Cream oil and sugar together.
- Blend in bananas, eggs and vanilla beating well with a mixer.
- Combine dry ingredients with wet ingredients and mix well.
- Pour mixture into 3 8x3-inch loaf pans or one 9x13-inch loaf pan
- Bake at 350°F for 30-40 minutes.