Recipe by ~Heather~
I created this quick bread recipe a few years back and it always receives rave reviews when I share it. However, often times my family eats it so fast that there is none left to share! The secret ingredients that make it different than most other banana breads are the addition of the peach flavored yogurt and the cinnamon sugar spinkled on top. To make it "Better For You Banana Bread," substitute 1/2 cup applesauce for 1/2 cup of the vegetable oil.
Top Review by Bananas7594
Great recipe! Substituted vanilla yogurt since I didn't have peach flavor. Also used 1 cup brown sugar and 1 cup white sugar since we don't like supersweet foods. Came out perfect! Made 1 loaf regular and added chocolate chips to the 2nd loaf - everyone loved the 2nd loaf better than the 1st! My fave banana bread recipe!
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups mashed bananas (4 to 6 medium)
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup peach yogurt (6 oz.)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- cinnamon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, combine eggs, bananas, oil, yogurt and vanilla.
- Add to flour mixture, stirring just until moistened.
- Pour into 2 greased 9x5x3-inch loaf pans.
- Sprinkle liberally with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 80 minutes or until bread tests done.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan to a wire rack.