Recipe by twoundersix
I love a good anzac and these tasty cookies are just that. The perfect texture of crunchy on the outside and chewy on the inside with the added extra of fruit and nut, these are a real treat. The whole batch was gone in a day!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Had absolutely no idea of what 'Anzac' cookies were when I decided to make this recipe, but curiousity won out & . . . VERY NICE COOKIES, easy to make & tasty, too, what with the coconut & sunflower seeds & 'golden' raisins ~ Loved the crunch without the entire cookie being dry! Certainly worth making again! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adopted Joeys in the Aus/NZ Special Recipe Swap #19]
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3⁄4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄4 cup raisins, chopped
- 125 g butter
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tablespoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees celcius, and line two trays with baking paper.
- Mix oats, flour, coconut, sugar, sunflower seeds and raisins together in a bowl.
- Melt butter and golden syrup together.
- Mix soda with the water and add to the melted butter and syrup.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and combine.
- Place tablespoonfuls of mixture on trays and just slightly flatten the tops with a spatula.
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes, till done. Loosen while warm, cool on trays.