Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
The tastiest, and easy recipe. I would not have posted unless I tried it and found it delicious and different from the other sheperd pie recipes on this site. Will be a regular during the chili months in buffalo! Deelicios!!!
- 907.18 g ground beef
- 236.59 ml chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped or 9.85 ml minced garlic
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 29.58 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 29.58 ml flour
- 236.59 ml beef broth or 236.59 ml stock
- 236.59 ml heavy cream
- 680.38 g canned green beans (cut in half)
- 709.77 ml ready made mashed potatoes (fresh or made like bob evans brand)
- 709.77 ml cheddar cheese, shredded (or a blend)
- In skillet, brown beef and onion. Drain fat.
- Add garlic, salt, pepper, worcestershire and flour. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add beef broth/stock and then heavy cream.
- Stir in beans.
- Pour into 11x17 inch pan. top with 1 cup cheese.
- Top with mashed potatoes. Sprinkle with the rest of shredded cheese.
- Bake at 375 for 40 minutes. Remove from oven and rest 5-10 minutes.
- I serve with salad, apple sauce and dessert of course!
This is the best recipe I've tried so far. My son, who is not a fan of this dish, had 2nd helpings & he kept saying it's delicious!! Only difference I did for this recipe: I add red pepper chili flakes becos both husband & myself loves a littles spicyness. I also substitute the canned vege with cauliflower & broccoli as I do not buy canned vege... This recipe is a keeper. Now I can throw away my old recipe & use this permanently... Thank you!!!
This is the BEST recipe out there!!! My husband loves it and I just add a frozen bag of corn instead of the green beans. I have so far made this several times and I just wanted to leave a review on how easy this is to make. The worchester sauce is what I think makes the dish a hit.<br/>Thanks for posting such a fabulous recipe!!!
Love it! Simple and so good! Add corn and green beans.