1 hr 5 mins
The tastiest, and easy recipe. I would not have posted unless I tried it and found it delicious and different from the other sheperd pie recipes on this site. Will be a regular during the chili months in buffalo! Deelicios!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 907.18 g ground beef
- 236.59 ml chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped or 9.85 ml minced garlic
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 29.58 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 29.58 ml flour
- 236.59 ml beef broth or 236.59 ml stock
- 236.59 ml heavy cream
- 680.38 g canned green beans (cut in half)
- 709.77 ml ready made mashed potatoes (fresh or made like bob evans brand)
- 709.77 ml cheddar cheese, shredded (or a blend)
- 1In skillet, brown beef and onion. Drain fat.
- 2Add garlic, salt, pepper, worcestershire and flour. Cook for 1 minute.
- 3Add beef broth/stock and then heavy cream.
- 4Stir in beans.
- 5Pour into 11x17 inch pan. top with 1 cup cheese.
- 6Top with mashed potatoes. Sprinkle with the rest of shredded cheese.
- 7Bake at 375 for 40 minutes. Remove from oven and rest 5-10 minutes.
- 8I serve with salad, apple sauce and dessert of course!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Ever American Shepherd's Pie Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (407 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 631.8
- Calories from Fat 385
- Total Fat 42.8 g
- Saturated Fat 22.7 g
- Cholesterol 163.9 mg
- Sodium 891.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 36.1 g