Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
The tastiest, and easy recipe. I would not have posted unless I tried it and found it delicious and different from the other sheperd pie recipes on this site. Will be a regular during the chili months in buffalo! Deelicios!!!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped or 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup beef broth or 1 cup stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 24 ounces canned green beans (cut in half)
- 3 cups ready made mashed potatoes (fresh or made like bob evans brand)
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded (or a blend)
- In skillet, brown beef and onion. Drain fat.
- Add garlic, salt, pepper, worcestershire and flour. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add beef broth/stock and then heavy cream.
- Stir in beans.
- Pour into 11x17 inch pan. top with 1 cup cheese.
- Top with mashed potatoes. Sprinkle with the rest of shredded cheese.
- Bake at 375 for 40 minutes. Remove from oven and rest 5-10 minutes.
- I serve with salad, apple sauce and dessert of course!
This is the BEST recipe out there!!! My husband loves it and I just add a frozen bag of corn instead of the green beans. I have so far made this several times and I just wanted to leave a review on how easy this is to make. The worchester sauce is what I think makes the dish a hit.<br/>Thanks for posting such a fabulous recipe!!!
Love it! Simple and so good! Add corn and green beans.
You are right, jellyko! This IS BY FAR the best Shepherd's Pie recipe on this site. I can't believe more people haven't tried this one and rated it. It is fabulous. The only substitution I made was to use frozen mixed veggies (carrots, peas, green beans and corn) instead of canned green beans, as I don't typically buy canned vegetables and I like it a bit more colorful. I love the fact that you make the sauce (it's easy) instead of buying msg-laden store-bought gravy or canned soup! The worcestershire sauce gives it a real nice flavor. I used organic beef broth, as you have to watch some brands for msg as well (disguised as yeast extract). I've tried many Shepherd's Pie recipes and this is THE ONE! Thank you for this one!