1 hr 5 mins
I selected this lasagna because of it's ease to fix, satisfying to almost anyone, and I know that is nutritionally good. This dish can be divided into portions and frozen for later on. I serve a simple salad on the side along with garlic bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 eggplants, sliced thin
- 3/4 cup flour
- salt and pepper
- cooking spray (olive oil would be ideal)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped oregano
- 1 -2 tablespoon basil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed or 1 -2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (8 -16 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 2 -3 teaspoons chives
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese (grated or chopped)
- 1Preheat oven 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- 2Mix salt, pepper and flour in a dish.
- 3Dip eggplant slices into flour mixture.
- 4Cover bottom of a fry pan with cooking oil spray.
- 5Fry slices of eggplant until light brown on both sides over low-medium heat careful not to burn them.
- 6When ready, remove from pan on paper towels to drain and set aside.
- 7In a bowl combine the tomato sauce, tomatoes, oregano, basil, and garlic.
- 8In another bowl combine ricotta cheese, chives, and the beaten egg.
- 9Spoon one third of the tomato mixture into the bottom of a lasagne or casserole dish.
- 10Place a layer of eggplant and cover with part of the grated cheese (about half).
- 11Add a layer of ricotta cheese.
- 12Continue alternating layers of ricotta cheese mixture, eggplant, and grated cheese.
- 13Bake for aproximately 45 minutes to an hour.
- 14Let cool for ease of slicing.
- 15After dish is cool, portions can be sliced and frozen.
- 16When ready, place frozen lasagne in a dish and bake in microwave covered with a paper towel till hot (maybe 4-5 minutes).
- 17It can also be baked in a preheated oven at 350 degrees fahrenheit for aproximately 20 minutes or more.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Eggplant (Aubergine) Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 143.3
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 35.0 mg
- Sodium 188.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 7.5 g