Recipe by sheila
This is voted number one in most family. They always ask me to make it--they really enjoy it.
Top Review by dawnie2u
I made this for my son's birthday, as a bundt cake. Everyone loved it. It was a very moist cake and the eggnog flavor was perfect. I am making it again today with regular cream cheese frosting, since I have just enough to make the cake. I greased the pan and instead of using flour, I use sugar to prepare the pan. It makes a nice little crunch on the surface of the cake.
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons rum or 2 tablespoons rum extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (8 ounce) container cream cheese, softened
- 1 (16 ounce) boxsifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons eggnog
- yellow food coloring
Directions See How It's Made
- For cake: Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl combine all ingredients; beat on medium speed for 3 minutes.
- Pour into 3 well-greased 8-inch round cake pans and bake for 20 minutes or when you stick knife in center it comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes, then remove from pan. Cool completely, then frost.
- For cream cheese frosting: In small bowl beat cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in sugar. Add eggnog, 1/2 teaspoon at a time. Stir in food coloring to desired color. Fill and frost cake layers.