Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I was tired of trying eggless cookie dough recipes that didn't taste like the "real" cookie dough we all love and adore. I found that as long as you aren't baking them, simply substituting milk for the eggs works out perfectly! Also, I've tried cutting down on the margarine a bit and it turns out fine. This recipe can be quite easily doubled, tripled, whatever, depending on how many people are in the mood for cookie dough... P.S.- try freezing in balls or spoonfulls!
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons margarine (can be reduced fat)
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 tablespoon nonfat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4-1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate chips
- In cereal bowl, cream together butters and sugars with spatula.
- Add milk, vanilla, salt and soda and mix well.
- Mix in flour. (probably start with half, then add the rest. That way it won't go everywhere when you try to stir).
- Add in oats and chocolate chips.
This stuff was not the cookie dough I know. I never had rolled oats in my cookie dough. Texture was off and didn't care for the shortening. Just not one I will ever do again.