Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
We love this recipe for blueberry muffins, they are perfect, tender and full of berries! I usually do 1/2 all purpose flour 1/2 white whole wheat. Subsititute any milk (dairy or non) in this recipe and it works fine. *** i edited to change the mistake- it should be baking POWDER in step 2, not soda :)
- preheat oven to 400.
- combine sugar, flour, salt, baking soda and whisk to combine.
- combine oil and eggs in a 2 cup measuring cup. fill the rest with milk to 2 cups and whisk.
- stir wet into dry ingredients.
- fold in blueberries gently.
- fill 18 muffin cups just about full.
- sprinkle with crumb topping over tops and bake 20-25 minutes.
- crumb topping:
- using a fork combine all ingredients until small crumbs form.
Very good. I made the recipe exactly as posted. I've been cooking long enough to know the there should be a correction in step two to read baking powder not soda. Big raves on these muffins which by the way were made from berries from my one lonely blueberry bush. For a while I used my photo, (glass plate & fork) as my profile pic. on facebook, my friends requested the recipe so it got passed on. Gotta keep a good thing going.
Am thinking a few finely chopped pecans in the topping might make a nice praline crumb. Will have to give it a try.
These were delicious! I made them yesterday and they're almost gone today! For the record, use 4 teaspoons of baking power, not soda. Bake at 19 minutes. So good! I will definitely be making these again in the near future! Thank you thank you!
These muffins did not turn out very well - I tried the tip from Jane about the whole wheat and regular flours - the recipe stated baking powder in the ingredients and baking soda in the directions - I went with the baking powder - maybe that's the reason these flopped; nevertheless, I feel sure I won't attempt this recipe again.