Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
The absolute best chocolate muffin recipe around...you won't just stop at eating one of these...although this recipe makes 12 muffins, better make a double batch (in two separate bowls), cause, you will need it!
Top Review by love4culinary
I was really excited about making these muffins. The flavor is definitely worth 5 stars, but they were a mess otherwise :-( They were very crumbly, falling apart as you tried to eat them. I dont know if there was a mistake in the measurements above, but I followed the recipe EXACTLY, and the texture just wasnt there. They just completely crumbled and fell apart when we tried to eat them. I will try this recipe again, adjusting as needed and will review again. Im sorry I couldnt rate them any higher... i wish I could because the flavor was definitely there. Thanks...
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup sifted baking cocoa powder
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup half-and-half or 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a deep 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- Melt the chocolate squares in the microwave, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the chocolate.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, brown sugar, semisweet, and white chocolate chips, milk, olive oil and the egg, until very well blended.
- Divide the batter among the lined muffin cups.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until well risen, and firm to the touch.
- Serve warm or room-temp.